Tuesday 15 May 2012

Bus Bingo



Bus journeys in Argentina have come a long way since 2003- we took an Andes Mar bus from Buenos Aires to Tucuman, a 17 hour journey via Rosario and Santiago del Estero. I remebered the buses here being ultra comfortable but I was pretty surprised when a few hours into the trip they busted out snacks and hot drinks. Thinking that dried biscuits would be our dinner I raced off the bus in Rosario to buy some empanadas for dinner, only for the bus 'concierge' to serve us a hot dinner of steak & roast potatoes when we took off.

Better yet, after dinner we were handed out bingo cards and the whole bus got involved in a game of bus bingo!! Unfortunately about half the cards were identical so when I yelled bingo, so did about 12 other people and we had to go to play offs for first prize (a bottle of wine). I ended up with second prize- a warm can of Andes beer. Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment